The Cooking Challenge!
Build your corporate team through the gourmet way
The Cooking Challenge! test the teams’ abilities to become “Chefs for A Day”. To hold the title of a chef is no simple task. It goes beyond the ability to cook well. The fun and excitement of the programme is no doubt the biggest draw. But more importantly, using the Theory of Constructionism,
FOCUS Adventure leverage on the abstract of cooking a meal and relate the learning points back to the dynamics of a high performance team in the corporate arena. Coupled with dynamic facilitation, this experience will inspire, motivate and challenge every single member in the team to think and behave differently back in their workplace.
What is Contructionism?
Constructionism means learning by making something. That is making something that you can identify with, be proud of and think, “This is my work.” What you learn in the process of making things that you care about sinks much deeper, its roots go deeper into the subsoil of the brain than what anyone can tell you.
Where can the Cooking Challenge be held?
The Cooking Challenge can be held in a hotel function room, out in the great outdoors or within your office premises. The mobility of our programme allows us to move anywhere with you. Depending on your objectives, we would suggest the appropriate setting to enhance the team bonding experience.
FOCUS Adventure highly recommends this great innovative programme for your next teambuilding event!
What is like being a Chef?
With the increasing demand from customers to create new and tantalizing dishes, this brings vibrancy and vitality to the hospitality industry, making the chef’s job constantly interesting.
In The Cooking Challenge!, we tap on these interesting characteristics of a chef to bring across the importance of adopting the mindsets and skill sets of a high performance individual/team.
- - Chefs value training and they are always learning.
- - Chefs require creative cooking skills in selecting, preparing and presenting food.
- - Chefs need people skills, management skills, entrepreneurial skills, conflict resolution skills and financial skills
- - Chefs have to be fast and efficient, and able to multi-task.
- - Chefs are highly committed in their work. They need to spend long hours in the kitchen, always making sure the dishes they cook are of high quality and good hygiene standards.
- - The styles and specialty of each chef is different. They need to find their strength and interest in order to come up with their gourmet cooking.
Watch The Cooking Challenge! video
If you are interested in our programme, send us an enquiry now!
Alternatively, you can call us at at (65)6278 6560 or email us at info@FOCUSAdventure.com