The Sustainability Imperative Showcase 2017
FOCUS Adventure is proud to be one of the representatives at the SID’s flagship conference that has grown to be a much anticipated event for directors and corporate leaders to experience, network and learn on the latest megatrends and thinking to help their companies create value. The 2017 conference themed “The Sustainability Imperative”, is held on 12th September 2017 at Suntec Singapore Convention and exhibition centre.
The event was attended by over 1,000 C-suites level including Board Members, CEOs and Directors from various stakeholders and companies. We were able to showcase our sustainability initiatives which included:
- Harvesting of rainwater to wash our sea-based assets such as dragon boats and kayaks, to effectively reduce the amount of freshwater used.
- Collection of used plastic water bottles, which can amount to over 65,000 per annum.
- Recycling of the used plastic water bottle through various means:
1) Planting of mosquito repellent plants using the recycled water bottles (vertical gardening)
2) Customized bottle cap artwork using the bottle caps of the recycled water bottles
- Coastal clean-up Programs
Developing a sustainable business model is the focus in today’s context, FOCUS Adventure will do our part in reducing the carbon footprint and help to create a more sustainable environment for all.